Friday, January 11, 2013

Dorn rap teung korng pom deun tahng blog

Hey everyone!

I am keeping a travel blog to stay in touch with everyone and/or just let people know what I am up to slightly after I was up to it. I'll try my best to update at least once or twice a week, and hopefully can add photos along the way. I don't really have a camera yet, so it might just be stuff from google images... but we can still pretend! In fact, pretending is what this blog is all about. I want you to use this blog so you can imagine that you're on this journey with me, which means that I'll occasionally ask you to eat some spoiled food in order to simulate the effects of traveler's diarrhea. You know, so you can get the whole Thai experience.

Speaking of Thai...

Speaking of the speaking of Thai, the name of this post is in pidgin Thai (compliments of Ms. Grosso's phrasebook). It very literally translates to "welcome to my travel blog." I don't know how to speak thai yet, but by the end of this trip, I hope to be completely fluent be able to ask where the bathroom is. The phrasebook is very thorough. It has translations for time, like month=bai, and year=bee. It also has weather tranlations, such rainy season=nah fon, and dry season=nah laang. But my favorite is that it has sex-words translations, such as sex=phes and condom=thung yang.

So with my pidgin thai I can put together phrases like "korng pom phes bee? nah laang" which literally translates to "my sex year? dry season" INCREDIBLE!! I'm learning to express myself in Thai so quickly.

Well, since I don't know anything else about Thailand except for what I've read in menus, I will end this post. I have 22 hours of airplane traveling ahead of me tomorrow, so if you want to pretend to experience it with me ; ) , sit and fall asleep in uncomfortable chair, eat a couple of microwaveable lean-cuisines, watch half-a-days worth of movies and TV, and try to get drunk and pass out on overpriced alcohol until you wake up in a foreign place... but you guys are seniors in college, so you'll probably do all of that anyway!

Love,

Pad Si Nrew

No comments:

Post a Comment